A guest post from our Marketing & Development Officer, Daisy Nicholson
One of my favourite parts of my job is tweeting (along with my colleague Karen Moore, Marketing Manager) about all the exciting goings on at the museum and especially hearing what tweeters have to say about PHM. It was too difficult to narrow it down to a top ten tweets of 2013, so here’s the top 20. Why not join the conversation and follow us @PHMMcr.
We’re always happy with more attention..
- 01/02/13: @marieemonaghan: @visit_mcr People’s History Museum is my fave, interesting & fun & I feel gets less attention than other Manc museums #followamuseumday
Visitors are often moved by the story we tell of those who fought hard for the rights we enjoy today
- 10/02/13: @michaelquille: At @PHMMcr today, was reminded of the tremendous optimism and collective confidence people had in making a better world in post war Britain.
Great to hear our Family Friendly activities are enjoyed!
- 24/03/13: @ybuck82: Yet another lovely family day @PHMMcr was fab munchkins really enjoyed the bug hunt 😉 xx
Some excellent advice to union reps
- 26/03/13: @TradeUnionStudy: @PHMMcr Students thoroughly enjoyed visit thanks .All union reps should go to see the history of our movement. Keep up the good work.
Some more excellent advice!
- 06/04/13: @nickbason: The @PHMMcr is BRILLIANT. If you are in Manchester, go.
We really do have something for everyone
- 22/04/13: @benkenyon: Great day out at @PHMMcr yesterday looking at 200 years of struggle for democracy in UK. Take your family, your kids, your granny. Everyone!
Couldn’t agree more
- 12/06/13: @arwallis: Visited the people’s history museum. Worth it to see how people can change society for the better. phm.org.uk
Passing on the story on to the next generation!
- 16/06/13: @spunshon: I am totally in love with @PHMMcr. If @danielbye & I ever have kids, we’re coming on a yearly pilgrimage.
A lovely description of PHM
- 16/06/13: @beardedcynic: Manchester People’s Museum is just swell. Modern and accessible yet with oodles of lovely history to swallow.
From someone in the know
- 24/07/13: @DanJarvisMP: “There have always been ideas worth fighting for.” Anyone interested in politics and democracy should visit the @PHMMcr in #Manchester
Following their wedding at PHM (get in touch with our Venue Hire Team if you’re planning a wedding or civil partnership)
- 07/09/13: @cathfeely: @PHMMcr Thank you for everything. Everyone at the museum was wonderful and everyone loved the venue. We will be in touch very soon!
Well we won’t argue with that
- 15/09/13: @salegirl: Been at @PHMMcr again today, such a great place, most important museum in the country/world I think! #manchester
Following our Object of the Month for September 2013
- 23/09/13: @janoveliz: @PHMMcr Well done with the Object of the Months guys. Quite nice story, regards from a Chilean in Manchester 😉
Exactly why we’re here
- 05/11/13: @Anthillel: @phmmcr is a fantastic museum. Shows us how far we’ve come and reminds us how far we have to go!
Some of the gems in our collection
- 05/11/13: @edithmayhall: Completely stunned by old Trade Union banners at Manchester People’s History Museum–and the table on which Tom Paine wrote Rights of Man!
Couldn’t ask for more!
- 13/11/13: @HTrub88 just been around the people’s history museum. It’s AMAZING . Explains some difficult concepts, great objects, hands on & friendly staff.
Direct action following one of our POLLfest events (don’t worry if you missed it – POLLfest strikes back in 2014!)
- 16/11/13: @i__like__eggs: @LucyMPowell is rather inspirational! I just went to her talk at @PHMMcr and have now joined a political party! 🙂
- 22/11/13: @andyuk71: Many thanks to the fantastic folk @PHMMcr today for the inspiration and activities – children loved it! #TakeoverDay @visit_mcr
Lovely feedback following one of our Little PHM story sessions
- @sonnyandluca: The little PHM at the Manchester Peoples History Musuem is fab, and only £1. Highly recommended, thanks for a lovely morning @PHMMcr
And finally, a brilliant photo originally tweeted by @robnitm & @StephenGParker, shared with us in light of our current changing exhibition, The People’s Business – 150 Years of The Co-operative, on until Sunday 11 May 2014
- 31/12/13: @susienich33: Thought you would like this! @PHMMcr The 1972 winning entry to the Co-Op milkman uniform competition… pic.twitter.com/roLfzdCuHw