Over the past few weeks I’ve had a lot of fun planning what we’re going to be doing for Year 2 of Play Your Part. Unfortunately I’m now billy no mates as this year the funding only covers my post (but Harriet has been appointed as Curatorial Assistant (Collections), so we still get to work together), so I’m going to be doing a lot of work with colleagues across the organisation to embed everything PYP so we can continue to be relevant, resonant and responsive after the project has finished.
Last year was a flurry of experimental activity, and this year I’ll continue to experiment, but in a more focused way. Strands of the project that I’ll be working on will include:
- Our Work in Progress exhibition (12 July – 14 September 2014), which will be an evolving, experimental space, where visitors come to do, not come to see.
- Developing some exciting landmark events, including POLLfest 2 in November
- Working with our Learning and Front of House teams to develop a Family Friendly weekend offer – there is talk of tents!
- Continuing to expand our celebration of LGBT history, by working with historian Jeff Evans to develop our LGBT history tour, redisplay our equality case and continue to programme events
- Redeveloping our Welcome Wall in the museum’s foyer, to make it more collections focused
- Creating a programme of object handling workshops, which will be led by volunteers
Keep up to date with our progress on the blog, at the museum and don’t forget to get involved and Play Your Part!