Next month will begin our exciting experimental exhibition Work in Progress (12 July – 14 September 2014). This exhibition will be a true work in progress, allowing you to see behind the scenes of our Play Your Part project. Help us test out ideas for our new Welcome Wall, debate topical issues and get creative with a series of exciting workshops.
The exhibition will start from nothing and evolve over time as we invite community groups, activists and you to experiment, contribute and create. Three artists will base their studios in the gallery space in our Microresidencies project and staff will be on hand for regular office hours to discuss anything about the project.
We don’t yet know what will happen, but we’re excited to find out!
- Are you an activist group wanting to share your campaign with a wider audience? Or are you just looking for a city centre venue to hold a meeting?
- Are you a community group or artist thinking about submitting a proposal for our community gallery, and you’d like to test out your ideas on our visitors?
- Are you passionate about an issue and want a platform to air your views?
- Are you an academic wanting to share your research?
- Have you always fancied going behind the scenes of a museum and putting together a display of objects that tell your story?
- Is there anything else you’d like to do with a blank canvas and a museum of ideas worth fighting for?
Sound like you? Come and Play Your Part!
If you’re interested in using the space for a meeting, workshop, display, debate or anything else then please get in touch with Catherine O’Donnell on 0161 838 9190 or Catherine.email@example.com.
It goes without saying that we won’t accept any proposals that are in any way offensive (eg racist, sexist, homophobic, etc). Proposals should link in some way with our story of ‘people’s history’ and ideas worth fighting for and should include an element of participation. Unfortunately we can’t offer any fee to groups or individuals – just a free space for you to experiment, engage and enjoy!