A guest post from PHM Marketing & Development Officer, Daisy Nicholson
As you may know we have a thriving PHM twitter account with over 13,000 followers! We really enjoy tweeting about all the exciting goings on at the museum, and we love to hear what our followers and other tweeters have to say about PHM. Hope you enjoy the top 20 tweets of 2014!
Why not join the conversation and follow us @PHMMcr. You can also hear about all the latest updates from the museum shop by following @PHMShop.
Glad to hear our exhibition The People’s Business – 150 Years of The Co-operative was well received
1. 28/01/2014: @GailDavidge: Brilliant day at @PHMMcr really impressed with 150 yrs co-op exhib. Superb resources for all schools loved the living history performance!
Very well said
2. 08/02/2014: @commentator01: Hugely impressed by @PHMMcr. A must-visit for anyone interested in democracy women’s rights and social rights in the UK. #lovemanchester
Why thank you! Find out more about our collection
3. 16/02/2014: @LisaPeatfield: Had a fantastic day @PHMMcr yesterday. Great exhibitions, Atlees’s pipe & Michael Foot’s donkey jacket! Now THAT’S a museum.
Clearly doing our jobs well
4. 31/03/2014: @Claire86Hazell: The @PHMMcr is a great museum, just finished a visit, I understand a lot more about politics now! #votesforwomen
Don’t miss a guided tour of 2015’s new display of banners, on Fri 30 Jan and Fri 27 Feb
5. 05/04/14: @DrMagennis: @PHMMcr Lovely knowledgable staff, free entry, banners beautifully restored, great interactive displays and the jukebox!
There really is something for everyone!
6. 24/04/2014: @Cath_Hodgson: @PHMMcr amazing reminder ofhistory,impact&importance of political activism,great cafe&yr free emergency nappy-luv it!
Join the next Little PHM story session Mr Ordinary’s Prize on Sat 17 Jan
7. 21/06/2014: @Qecameraman: Went to @PHMMcr this morning for story time. I would definitely recommend to any parents of toddlers. Great setting for a story.
There’s still chance to visit our exhibition commemorating World War I, A Land Fit For Heroes: War and the Working Class 1914-1918, on display until Sun 1 Feb
8. 24/06/2014: @lovelychops: #ALFFH exhib @PHMMcr a really well rounded exhibition that gives real insight into Britain during the war. Not just the usual voices…
Ideas worth researching. Why not make an appointment to visit the Labour History Archive & Study Centre
9. 31/07/2014: @CheshireCaveman: Thanks to Darren and all the gang at the archives @PHMMcr great day looking at the Michael Foot papers. Will be back next week!
Couldn’t agree more! An important anniversary we always commemorate
10. 16/08/2014: @KarynBurnham: Visited @PHMMcr yesterday. Really informative museum, visit should be on history syllabus. Today is 195th anniv of peterloomassacre.org/history.html
Brilliant! Available along with other great reads in the museum shop – who you can follow on twitter @PHMShop
11. 16/08/2014: @justinlennox82: @PHMMcr Really impressed with the peoples history museum, encouraging me to read more on perspectives of the era pic.twitter.com/tA2A77q9JA
Always happy to welcome new residents to our wonderful city #Manchester
12. 25/08/2014: @theotherche: @PHMMcr was so great it made us want to move to Manc! A truly inclusive experience for all-beyond ‘child-friendly’. pic.twitter.com/7Y0JLnswAn
Inspiring activists of the future…
13. 04/09/2014: @HughAtkinson: @PHMMcr Just been to Peoples History Museum in Manchester. Must visit! Past struggles for justice relevant today. Need to keep up fight!
Can’t argue with that!
14. 13/09/2014: @d_gray_writer: @PHMMcr Finally got to visit the museum today. Quite simply the greatest on earth. Compelling moving inspiring…
Calling all artists!
15. 07/10/2014: @BKither: Taking 100 graphics students to @PHMMcr today. Really underrated source of visual reference points for graphic designers and illustrators
Lovely feedback following an event held at PHM. Contact our Venue Hire Team for more information on PHM’s unique meeting spaces
16. 22/10/2014: @SarahABGee: @artsfundraising @PHMMcr PHM staff were just lovely & food was ace. Do thank everyone. Wish I’d had more time to look round – will be back!
We remember it well – lovely bee theme for table decorations! Interested in holding your wedding or civil partnership at PHM? Our Venue Hire Team will be happy to help
17. 23/11/2014: @cathfeely: @helenrogers19c @PHMMcr @ruth_mather I love it so much that we had our wedding reception there in pump room! A unique and special place.
There have always been ideas worth fighting for…
18. 23/11/2014: @RockingStones: Excellent afternoon with my family at @PHMMcr in Manchester. This is a splendid & unique resource & should be treasured. Amazing artefacts.
What a wonderful Christmas present for us both! Find out how you can Join the Radicals and support the museum
19. 24/12/14: @OliverMilne: If someone has a spare £3k & wants to get me a late Christmas present you could sponsor a radical for me @PHMMcr. http://www.phm.org.uk/support-us/sponsors/
What a lovely note to end 2014 on!
20. 24/12/2014: @shanedgj: Most inspiring museum visited this year, the @PHMMcr Unique insight into industrial relations pic.twitter.com/B0iPoFdfPa